Friday, June 24, 2011

14 Weeks

I am going to be using this blog to somewhat document my pregnancy, most of it for my own sake. I will be 14 weeks tomorrow and things are looking up! Up until 11-12 weeks I was SO tired, I would fall asleep around nine or ten because I couldn't keep my eyes open. I would sleep for 9-10 hours and still be exhausted. I felt very unproductive and lazy because I would wake up in the morning and be constantly nauseous. My nose and sense of smell is incredible, I can't believe how strong everything is. I would go days without doing dishes or cleaning because I couldn't handle the smells. Once 12 weeks hit, I suddenly got a lot of my energy back, I am not nauseous during the day anymore, and I am not as tired as I was before. However, for my sense of smell, it is stronger than ever. The other day I was doing dishes when the smell of broccoli hit me, and I immediately threw up right in the sink. Gross I know.

I have had two ultrasounds so far. One at my 11 week appointment, and my other at 12 1/2 weeks. I am doing a study through IHC for first time moms. It is great because they pay you and you also get 3 extra ultrasounds during your pregnancy in addition to your doctors ultrasounds. The second ultrasound was amazing! The technician was so nice and spent so much time showing me the baby. The baby was moving so much, it wouldn't hold still for even one second. It is pretty incredible to see the baby move and to hear the heartbeat. As part of the study I had to take home a sleep monitoring machine and wear it all night. It was so uncomfortable! Look at the picture below to see what I am talking about. When I found out I was pregnant I wanted to take a belly picture every week. Well I felt so gross for a while I didn't take any pictures, so I only have one so far at 11 weeks, and one before I started showing, so I can remember my flat tummy :) I will take another picture this week and post it.

We told our parents for Mothers Day, when I was about six weeks along. We made them swear to not tell anyone, even siblings. It was so hard to keep a secret for six more weeks until I was 12 weeks along. I didn't want to tell anyone to soon, in case I had a miscarriage. I am so glad that the secret is now out, and I know a lot of people think that we are crazy for being so young, but I really don't care what people think. We know it is right for us and we are so happy! And since everyone asks me, YES it was planned. It is amazing how many people ask us that. Oh and another question that everyone is curious about is. "Are you going to finish school?" Yes, I will graduate next spring. I only have about four classes left and they are mostly independent study type classes. A Christmas baby to some people isn't ideal, but honestly it couldn't have worked out more perfect. I will be able to take my classes fall semester, have the baby over Christmas break, then finish up 2 classes in the spring. Then I will graduate! I really consider it a blessing that we got pregnant when we did, or else I would have maybe had to postpone graduating for a semester. Well there you have it, I hope that answered some questions that you had, because I know you did :)


Just to remember my flat stomach before it gets huge! Around 6 weeks

Mothers Day gift to break the news to our parents!

12 weeks

12 weeks

The crazy sleep monitoring machine, but I did get paid to wear it overnight!

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! You are so adorable!!! I am so excited for you!!!! YEAHHHH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... I had to post another comment after thinking it over.

    1) Many people will tell you that you are too young, but you aren't. You ARE young, but you are married to an amazing man (and you are a SUPER amazing woman) and you are ready! Besides, I dont know about you, but I would REALLY rather be 40 at my child's graduation than be 70... so people need to mind their own business!

    2) As far as planned or unplanned: I still get asked that (and MY babies are 6 and 4!). And, I am betting you will too. I have NO idea why people (especially strangers!) feel that they should ever ask such a personal question... but whatever! I mean, I could understand a good friend quietly whispering- but not some random lady standing near me in the grocery isle!

    I really am so excited for you =) You are going to be a great mommy!!!! And your school plans sound great- really they do! But that is most important is that you and your husband are faithful people, and you will know what is best for your family, at every turn, as long as you parent prayerfully.

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so so excited for you!!! You're such a cute pregnant girly already!! I'm living vicariously through you! Keep posting all of your pregnancy experiences because I'm loving them! Miss you and love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing us some love!