Thursday, January 19, 2012

Update

Life has gotten really busy lately, which means my blogging hasn't been as much as I would like. Here is an update on what has been going on in our lives the last few weeks.

Gavin is growing, growing, growing. It is amazing to see him change everyday. Gavin is now four weeks old. At 3 weeks, he weighed in at 9 lbs and 11 oz!!! We couldn't believe it. (Gavin was born at 8 lbs 6 oz) Gavin is doing great and we are having so much fun getting to know him

Jayden and I both started school again. This is my last semester and then I will graduate in May! Jayden has 3 semesters left until he graduates with his masters in Biomedical Engineering. Our weeks are very busy with school and with work. My mom comes and babysits Gavin 2 days a week while I am in school, we are so grateful for that!

This last weekend we went to the new Utah Museum of Natural History. We get in for free with our University of Utah student ID cards. We had a lot of fun and it is a great museum. We can't wait to take Gavin again when he gets older and can understand what is going on.

My recovery has gone really well and I feel back to my normal self ( except for the few pounds I still need to lose). I can't wait to start running again and to get back into shape. It has been really hard to not exercise since Gavin was born. I wish that I could jump right back into it. I know my body will take some time to get back into shape, but for just giving birth, I feel pretty good. 
We are adjusting to living life on not enough sleep. Everyone warned us about this before Gavin was born. He is a pretty content baby, but he likes to keep us up at night. From someone who is used to getting 8 hours of sleep every night, the adjustment of only getting 4-6 hours is tiring to say the least!

I love being a mommy and Jayden loves being a daddy! We are having fun trying to figure it all out and we are just enjoying our busy life!



UNHM


Gavin LOVES his bjorn baby carrier





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing us some love!