Monday, October 13, 2014

DIY Stain Proof Chair Cushion Tutorial!


Here's a before and after of my chairs. Look how nasty and stained my chair was before!







I had a lot of people ask me how I refurbished my chairs

This is any easy DIY project and will SAVE your chairs from stains. 

The vinyl allows you to be able to wipe off any food spills. So your chairs are always looking new!

Here's step by step instructions. I wish I had taken photos of the project while I was doing it, but it is so easy to do!

First, you need to pick out your fabric. My mom was in town and helped me with this project. We went to JoAnn's to get the fabric. They have a section at JoAnn's where the fabric is on horizontal rolls. This fabric is thicker than your average fabric. I chose this blue fabric that matches with the color scheme in my home. I then chose a vinyl to cover the top of the fabric. I chose a vinyl that wasn't too thin and wasn't too thick. For my 4 chairs, I got a yard and a half of each. 

What you will need:

1 1/2 yards of fabric and vinyl (or however much you will need for your chairs)
scissors
staple gun
screwdriver

  1. First take your screwdriver and unscrew your chair cushion from the chair. 
  2. Measure how much fabric you need for your chair cushion
  3. Cut your fabric and vinyl to cover your chair cushion
  4. starting with just the fabric, place it over your chair cushion. Flip it upside down, so the bottom of the chair cushion is facing you. Pull the fabric tight around the edges. Starting with a corner, pull it tight and use your staple gun to staple the fabric to the chair. Work your way around the chair stapling every 1/2-1" . Once the fabric is stapled on, do the same with the vinyl. 
  5. After the vinyl and the fabric is stapled on, then you can trim any excess with your scissors. 
  6. Screw the cushion back on the chair and you're done!


1 comment:

  1. Love the tutorial! Now if someone could tell me how to get the staples out that hold the old fabric on, I'd be good to go. Seriously, they are so embedded into the wood that even Clyde walked away from it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing us some love!