Sunday, February 17, 2013

Our Valentines Weekend



We had such a great Valentines Day and weekend. Valentines Day was a great day. Usually we don't get to see Jayden in the mornings before he leaves for school, but he stayed later so we could have breakfast together.


 If you know Jayden, you know that he LOVES cinnamon rolls. So of course we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Valentines.
 I got roses, Jayden got cinnamon rolls, and Gavin got a balloon to play with. Everyone was happy!



 Gavin also got a new plate, a new outfit, and a Sesame Street sticker book
 Gavin eating his cinnamon roll
The view of our Valentines breakfast
 There's a story behind this photo... so we went to Walmart on Valentines night and we saw this cart. We noticed that the weight limit was 250 pounds. Haha. So Gavin and I rode in it together while Jayden pushed us, and we weren't anywhere even close to that weight limit!
The beautiful roses that Jayden gave me

 

Gavin's Valentine's day cards from us and his grandparents

 On Thursday, my mom was so nice to meet us for lunch and watch Gavin while I had a Dr's appointment. She even brought us Valentines gifts!


We have a tradition that on Valentines my parents give us See's candy. This is Gavin enjoying one of the suckers from See's



 

On Valentines night we got Red Mango. Gavin fell asleep in the car, which was perfect because we just ate it in the car in peace and quite :)


Now comes the weekend. I surprised Jayden with a little Valentines getaway. On Friday afternoon I drove Gavin down to Alpine so my parents could watch Gavin overnight. I zoomed home and packed an overnight bag for us. When Jayden came home around 4:30, he had no clue what we were doing or where we were going. We drove downtown to the Marriott City Center where I had booked a Valentines Day package. The package included chocolate dipped strawberries and martinellis delivered to your room, your choice of room service breakfast delivered to your room, free valet parking, and a late 2 pm check out. 

After we checked into the hotel we left for dinner. We walked around City Creek for a little over an hour until our reservation at Texas de Brazil. It was amazing! The food is delicious and Rodizio or Tucanos don't even compare to Texas de  Brazil. Thanks to a Groupon we bought a few months back we were able to go.
 



I got a new dress for our date and I was really excited about it! So I made Jayden take this photo of me...haha. This is at City Creek showing off my dress. 




We had an awesome view from our hotel room. Gallivan center was right below. You walked out of the doors to the hotel in the back and you were right by the ice rink.

 Our breakfast that room service brought us


The late checkout was SO nice. We were able to sleep in and just relax. We then went ice skating at Gavllivan. 


After ice skating we saw Safe Haven. We were skeptical, but we actually loved it! I won't deny that we both teared up a little bit at the end :)
This weekend was one of the best weekends that I can remember. I am thankful for my boys and how I love them so! We were very spoiled this weekend and got some much needed alone time. I am thankful that Jayden could take 24 hours off of his masters thesis that he is busy writing. I am glad to have spent so much time with him!

1 comment:

Thanks for showing us some love!