Monday, September 26, 2011

Hello 3rd Trimester

Time for a pregnancy update. This week has probably been the worst week of pregnancy so far, but I am so grateful that our little boy is healthy and growing so fast. On Thursday, I started getting a really bad toothache. The pain was uncomfortable, but manageable. Friday morning was pretty rough, I couldn't concentrate because the pain was so bad and making my head spin and hurt really bad. I knew that I needed to go to the dentist, but I had a mid-term on Saturday morning that I really needed to study for. I told myself I would just deal with the pain. We were headed down to my parents house on Saturday anyway ( where my dentist is) so I would just wait until then. Friday night I hardly slept at all. The pain was so excruciating and tylenol is the only pain killer you can take while pregnant. Saturday morning I woke up at 7:30, planning to study for my mid-term, I was in so much pain I couldn't focus and wasn't quite sure how I was going to take my test. 10 am finally rolls around and I leave to take my test. I barely could read the questions and fill out the answers, I hurried as fast as I could and headed home to lay down. We then headed to the dentist, and the dentist told me I would have to have a root canal. I have only heard horrible things about root canals and was scared. Because I am pregnant, the dentist couldn't give me a very strong dose of Novocaine. This might sound funny, but the root canal was the best part of my day. I was numb and I was relived of the pain for a little bit. I immediately started  to feel better, even though I was still in some pain. Usually the dentist would give a strong painkiller, like loratab, but tylenol was all I could have. I have never been in so much pain before ( besides my experience in Uganda), it was so so so so painful, and I tolerate pain pretty well. I am so grateful that my dentist was able to come in on a Saturday to relieve my pain! 

Here are some pregnancy highlights from the week:

How Far Along: 27 weeks and 2 days

Size of the baby: Should be around 2.5 pounds or so

Maternity Clothes: Almost all. I love my new pregnancy jeans and they are so comfy. I can wear some pre-pregnancy pants with my belly band, but they are not nearly as comfortable. I love my maternity ribbed tank tops for old-navy, they are so comfortable and you can pair them with so many outfits.

Movement: This week I have felt so much movement. Now I can feel him almost all day long, and I can feel him changing positions, which is so weird! He is getting stronger and bigger and I can tell everyday. The best is watching my stomach move so much. I never thought my stomach would be able to move like it does!

Sleep: Not the best. I wake up 3-5 times a night to go to the bathroom. Sometimes it is hard for me to fall back asleep after too.

What I miss: My flat stomach. I was looking through photos yesterday, and realized how flat my stomach was. It gets in the way so much now! I miss not being able to cuddle the same with Jayden either, the belly is getting big!

Best moment of the week: Making it to the 3rd trimester!

Cravings: Anything chocolate and Mexican food. But whats new?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing us some love!