Saturday, August 16, 2014

Our trip to Utah- June 2014

It has been a really long time since I have blogged, but man have we been busy! This summer has flown by so fast. I will start by blogging our summer trips. The first trip we took was back to Utah. Jayden had a business trip in California and then a meeting in Colorado. Jayden's work agreed to let him fly through SLC on the way to California and they even paid for his ticket to stop by in Utah for a few days before returning to Jacksonville. This way we were all able to fly together and I did't have to fly with the kids by myself. Our flight from JAX left really early in the morning. 5:30 am to be exact. We probably only got 3 hours of sleep the night before. 


ready to board our 5:30 am flight!


Once we got to SLC we said goodbye to Jayden for a week and he went to board his next flight on to LA. My parents and Drew picked us up from the airport. We stayed with my family in Alpine for about 6 days and then we went up to Pleasant View to spend the rest of the time with Garfield's.


After my family picked us up from the airport, we went to breakfast at the Black Bear Cafe. Gavin loved giving the bears hugs...




My parents had completed some yard work and had a huge pile of rocks delivered. There were some leftover rocks and Gavin played with the rocks on the driveway everyday. We kept on finding random rocks everywhere in the house. 








We fit a lot of stuff in for the 10 days that we were in Utah. 

My mom promised Gavin that she would take him to a farm. We went to Wheeler farm in Sandy. We went on a tractor ride and saw lots of animals.




Later that day we went up to SLC to meet my friend Sky and go to lunch. We went to Tony Caputos and had waffles from Bruges. Yummy!


Lily and Sky
 We also walked around Temple Square

The next day we went to eat lunch at Thanksgiving Point at the Trellis Cafe and then to the new aquarium.







My grandpa came to visit from California. The last time he saw Gavin was when he was about 5 months old. He got to spend lots of time with us.





I took the kids jogging up by the mountains a few times. It was so nice to see the mountains up close.



It was fun to run into my friend Heather and her son Max. Max and Lily are just 3 weeks apart



We went boating on Utah Lake with my family and my Grandpa. Gavin even went tubing! Lily hated the life jacket at first but she slept a lot of the time.




I even got a few runs of wake boarding in!



I went through some of my old clothes from when I was a baby and found this darling dress for Lily.




My friend Berit came to my parents ward to see me. It had been 3 years since I had seen her. She got to meet Gavin and Lily. It was really good seeing her!

Gavin putting on my parents putting green

We had my Grandpa and my Uncle Jason over for dinner on Sunday. 
 I had to have Cafe Rio a few times while visiting. One afternoon my mom and I went and picked up Cafe Rio and had a few friends over to eat and to swim. Alyx and Spencer and their cute baby Olivia came over. Kirstin and Terek also came over for a little bit. It was fun to catch up with everyone!


Lily and Kirstin

me and Lily and Alyx and Olivia. 



Gavin and Spencer

 My mom and Gavin made these really cute octopus cupcakes.


On our last day in Alpine, my mom had a swim luncheon with some friends and neighbors.


Lily and my Grandma Borden


That afternoon I packed up our stuff and we drove up to Pleasant View to go to Garfield's for the rest of the week.




Lily and Millie




The next day we went to a summer movie day with Gavins cousins (really Jayden's, but Gavin calls him his cousins). We saw Despicable Me 2 and then went swimming at Jayden's Grandparents house.







We went to the treehouse museum in Ogden. Gavin loved it! It is a hands on children's museum and there was a lot for him to do there. 









Gavin's favorite part was probably the medical wing where they had a play nursery with babies. Gavin would weight the babies, swaddle them, and put them in their crib. It was really cute to watch him play with them and play Doctor. 



Another mountain shout but this one is from Pleasant View. 

 The same night as the Treehouse museum we picked Jayden up from the airport! We were so happy to finally have him back with us. The next day we went to the Dinosaur Park. Gavin loved the dinosaur park and was in Dinosaur heaven the whole time. 













Here's a video of Gavin walking around at the park. He was being so funny.



After the Dinosaur park we went to diner at a Mexican restaurant. 


This is how Gavin would end up every night. haha.  


On Saturday was Jayden's 26th birthday! We woke up early and ran the Founders Day 5k. Our goal time was to be under 36 minutes or under 12 minutes a mile. Our average was 11:20 per mile putting us around 35 minutes. 
'
after the race

before the race started
After the race we went to the pancake breakfast that was part of our race ticket price. Then we walked over to the parade and met Garfield's there. Gavin loved looking at the firetrucks and floats. 



Gavin helping JoLynn make Jayden's birthday cake

Lily and her Great Grandma Garfield

Jayden blowing out his birthday candles!

Cafe rio at the airport one last time!

Gavin wheeling on his suitcase

On the way home we decided to not bring Gavin's carseat on the plane. He loved sitting in the seat without it and was a happy camper!






 Whew! That was a lot of pictures, but we did so much that I wanted to document it all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing us some love!