Friday, July 6, 2012

Fathers Day + Birthday

This year for Fathers Day, we were in Hawaii, so we didn't really celebrate until we got back. Jayden's birthday happened to be the week after we got back from Hawaii, so we celebrated the two really close together. For Jayden's Birthday, we had a fun Thursday evening out. It started out with Jayden getting off of work early at 3:30. We headed over to the zoo. (We have a zoo membership) to see the new Rocky Shores. After the zoo, we went downtown to eat dinner and get birthday dessert. We ate dinner at Maxwells on Main Street. The atmosphere was fun and the food was delicious! They have an amazing ceaser salad and we ordered a pizza. The pizza was huge! We even let Gavin try a little bit. haha. After dinner, we walked around downtown and made our way to Bruges. If you haven't been to Bruges, go now! It is so good! They make Belgian waffles and fries. The waffles are to die for. They are one of my favorite desserts. I had been several times, but it was Jayden's first time, so he can now join the club. 

Then on Sunday, I invited my parents and Drew and the Garfields to come down to our apartment for dinner and cake to celebrate Jayden's birthday. It was a lot of fun, and everyone had a good time I think.

Jayden opening his presents from Gavin and me


A camp couch, new pillows, a new tie, and shirt!







Birthday dinner
































1 comment:

  1. I LOVE BRUGES! When Mitch and I got back from Belgium we were soo happy to discover Bruges to keep our waffle and frites cravings satisfied. You need to go to the real city of Bruges one day too--its one of my favorites.
    Happy birthday Jayden!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing us some love!