Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Best ever peanut butter cookie recipe

I think I am a pretty good baker, if I do say so myself. I have learned a lot over the years about baking, but I have always struggled with cookies for some reason. I have gotten a lot better recently at making good quality cookies and have learned a couple tricks that really help! Last week, Jayden had some friends over for a study group. I like to bake treats when we have visitors, so I decided to make peanut butter cookies. I found the perfect recipe. They were fluffy & soft, but crispy on the outside,  there was the perfect amount of peanut butter, and they did not go flat. I found the recipe here: http://www.two-tarts.com/2011/09/peanut-butter-cookies.html.






Classic Peanut Butter Cookies

  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/2 c brown sugar (packed)
  • 1/2 c softened butter
  • 1/2 c peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 c flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Cream together the sugars and butter until creamy (about a minute). Add in the egg and peanut butter and beat thoroughly. Add the dry ingredients on top of the blended wet ingredients, then stir together until fully incorporated.  Use a large tablespoon to scoop out walnut-sized balls of cookie dough, place on a parchment lined cookie sheet, and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. 

One thing I learned when making cookies is that you should roll the cookie dough into balls and put them on a cookie sheet in the freezer. If the dough is too warm, then they will flatten out too much, which I hate! Also, bake at a lower temperature. Instead of baking them at 375 for 8-10 minutes, I baked them at 325 for 15 minutes, and they turned out perfect. They were fluffy and chewy like a cookie should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing us some love!