Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Our Trip to the Spiral Jetty!

 For a New Years day activity, we decided to go see the Spiral Jetty. I have always wanted to see it, and we spent the night up in Pleasant View, so we were already in the direction of the Spiral Jetty. It is located about 60 miles from North Ogden, but the roads were fast, so it only took us a little over an hour. It is really out in the middle of nowhere. I thought the Spiral Jetty was incredible and I am so glad we made the trip. I learned a lot about the Spiral Jetty in my art history classes, and it has been on my bucket list for quite some time now. If you ever have the opportunity, go see it! If you don't know much about the Spiral Jetty, you can find information about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral_Jetty


when the water is low enough, you can walk out onto the jetty, which we did



this is all salt that I am standing on!






I hiked up above the jetty while Jayden and Gavin stayed warm in the car








This obviously isn't the Spiral Jetty, but on the way home the sun was setting as we passed the refineries, and it was really pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing us some love!