On Monday night, Jayden and I made this delicious recipe. It is shrimp fettuccine with fresh basil. It was so yummy! We made it from ingredients we already had, because we were running a little low on groceries. We tweaked the recipe just a bit- we didn't have the can of evaporated milk- so we substituted it with 1% milk and a little bit of cream. We felt like we were at some fancy Italian restaurant- yes it was that good, and so easy to make! I would highly recommend trying it.
Found from tasteofhome.com
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup each chopped sweet yellow and red pepper
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute the onion, peppers and garlic in oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth. Add to vegetable mixture. Stir in the seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add shrimp and basil. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture and toss to coat.